After breakfast in The Manor around 8 AM we will embark on a beautiful journey experiencing 4 different ecosystems driving North across the volcanoes avenue. It is time to visit the colorful, world-renowned indigenous market at Otavalo, where all kinds of marvelous handicrafts are on offer.
The Equatorial line crosses the glacier of the magnificent Cayambe volcano the highest worldwide point on the Equatorial line and the only place in the world where you can see snow and glaciers exactly on the Equator!
Upon arrival in Otavalo you will have different options on what to do and see
- Visit the Equator Line in Cayambe.
- The Otavalo Artisan Market is the largest indigenous market in South America and you will be able to find a great selection of hand-made goods ranging from tapestry to clothing and decorations for your home. A perfect place for souvenir shopping.
- Another option is to visit a Kichwa tapestry weaving workshop.
- Most of the Otavalo musicians have travelled all over the world, playing on the streets of cities far away from their homes, the local musicians with their famous Andes pan flute can give you a demonstration on how the flutes are made.
- The crater lake of Cuicocha is also known as the guinea Pig Lake due to its form. You will enjoy a short walk to learn more about indigenous religion and culture while observing its unique flora and breathtaking scenery.